Duration: 60 min
In this on-demand webinar, Pythian CTO, Alex Gorbachev, provides an in-depth guide to big data and discusses how to determine whether your company should implement a big data project.
- What is big data and why big data today
- The underlying benefits of big data
- What is Hadoop and what are the benefits and limitations
- The use cases for big data
- How to determine whether you have a big data problem
What does it take to be chief technology officer at a company of technology experts? Experience. Imagination. Passion. Alex Gorbachev has all three. He’s played a key role in taking the company global, having set up Pythian’s Asia Pacific operations. Today, the CTO office is an incubator of new services and technologies – a mini-startup inside Pythian. Most recently, Alex built a Big Data Engineering services team and established a Data Science practice. Highly sought after for his deep expertise and interest in emerging trends, Alex routinely speaks at industry events as a member of the OakTable.