How to choose a Cassandra consistency level that’s right for you
Recorded panel discussion
Duration: 25 min
With Apache Cassandra and DataStax Enterprise, you can achieve superior levels of reliability and performance, which has prompted many IT departments to select it for their most critical applications. But what about the trade-off in consistency that everyone talks about?
During this recorded session, Pythian and DataStax experts examine Cassandra’s consistency model in detail and how to choose the consistency level that is right for your application. They also discuss Cassandra in the context of the following topics:
- The impact of eventual consistency
- Using tunable consistency to control data updates
- A comparison between immediate consistency and eventual consistency
- How to control tombstones with strongly consistent deletes
- Considerations when using linearizable consistency
- Real world use cases for different levels of consistency
Matt Kennedy has been a Cassandra user and contributor since version 0.7 and is a co-organizer of the Cassandra meetup in the Washington DC area. At the European Cassandra Summit in October of 2013, he was recognized by DataStax as a Cassandra MVP.
Marc Fielding was the first individual to receive an Apache Cassandra DataStax Consultant certification. He has extensive experience in enterprise architecture, operational automation, scalability, security and performance.