Pythian provides invaluable consulting to a company facing an expensive on-prem Hadoop upgrade
With an exceedingly large, on-prem HBase database built on a soon-to-be-retired version of Cloudera, this private technology company needed a cost-effective way to seamlessly migrate its database while increasing its backup and disaster recovery capabilities. They turned to Pythian for expert advice.
What we did
- Pythian expert consultants presented three main cloud options: Hadoop in the cloud as a service, cloud-native options that most closely fit the client’s current HBase column store, and cloud-native options centered around an object store and column store
- Cloudera; Apache Hadoop, Impala
- HBase; AWS RedShift, DynamoDB
- Simple Storage Service (S3); GCP BigTable, BigQuery
- Google Cloud Storage; Ceph; ClickHouse