Pythian’s SQL team helps Grasshopper scale without compromising customer satisfaction
Fast growth was putting a strain on Grasshopper’s database infrastructure, causing performance bottlenecks in their customer reporting application that resulted in delays up to 40 minutes. Pythian’s SQL team reduced report execution times to 9 seconds, lowered application maintenance costs—all for only 10% of the initial quote.
What we did
- Conducted an application performance audit
- Identified the application responsible for the performance concerns
- Reviewed the software causing the performance issues
- Evaluated the data structures underlying the application
- Determined that the optimal and most cost-effective way forward was to rebuild the application logic that generates the reports; rather than executing application code, the reports were rewritten using SQL and the underlying data structures were optimized for fast query results